Sorry about the unexplained hiatus!! I said I was going home for the weekend but didn't expect it to be quite so jam packed! I had no time to go anywhere near my computer, which I had to drag all the way there along with a months worth of washing. I'm about to reply to comments and start on the blog roll!
So how are you all? What have I missed? Well alot it seems! I'll go through some gossip right now that I possibly would have elaborated on in real posts but by tomorrow will be old news! Argh too many exclamation marks! The above photo was taken by my twelve (now thirteen) year old brother- bare skills there! It kind of sums up Birmingham- clouds and the Bullring!
1) So I missed the final trailer for the SATC movie being leaked on youtube! You can still see it here but it's slightly depressing. I doubt they could have thought of story lines that were fabulous and believable but the jokes seem a little lame (I'm hoping they're saving the good ones for the film) and the 'uplifting' quotes from Carrie about friendship make me a little queasy. I will however be first in line at the cinema and if I didn't have exams I would have so gone to the premiere! (to be in the crowd, not the cinema- I'm not that important!)
2) I have developed a love for some Topshop grey tights that are actually a faint lilac when on. I've gone through three pairs in the past two weeks and may have to stock up before they run out as they hole so easily in clubs but I love them so!
3) I broke my camera!!! I wondered why I'd taken a photograph of an open umbrella, then realised it was a big smash in the screen! It does strictly work but I can't see anything which kind of defeats the object, especially with mirror shots. I can borrow friends' cams for now but any tips on good cameras would be very appreciated! I could afford to get an OK one with some of my Nan's money but it will end up being thrown around in bags all the time anyway.
4) I found the BEST magazine shop in the Northern Quarter! My friend told me about it and I walked in and asked if they stocked Lula because owning one issue is so not enough. The guy took me to the back and they had shelves with just about every fabulous magazine ever!! Even Wonderland and Rubbish and the one with naked Lily Cole inside (not that I'm a perv or anything...!) I was nearly chucked out for the drool I left on the floor. Sadly I left Lula at home, although I have a feeling my sister nicked it. With a room like hers, she's definitely a Lula girl!
5) Also from the said shop above, which I sadly never caught the name of- will do tomorrow- I got the pack of Blythe postcards and had to stick them on my wall so they didn't have to sit in the packet. Now I've got something pretty to look at while musing instead of fire alarm instructions (not like anyone goes outside anymore)
6) Would it be insane to spend £71 on this Miu Miu collar? I guess if you have to ask, you know the answer. A DIY is in the process at this very moment.
7) I've realised the joys of dry shampoo. I thought I should try it due to numerous rave reviews and it's amazing! Although it does turn your hair grey, where if you are not careful like me, you will end up forgetting to brush it out and go out like this:
It must be a bit worse with the flash as no one noticed but my my, it's definitely grey! If you're wondering why I'm wearing a tie with bunches and fake freckles on my face, and why I'm pulling a massively facebook-type pose, we went to Carnage on Sunday night. It's basically a massive student night where everyone has the same t-shirt with bars from the pub crawl on the back to tick off and everyone writes on their t-shirts/themselves with marker pens. The theme was school girls and boys. And there were 3000 students there. I think that says it all. Fash points if you can spot me in this photo!
I'm sorry if you are worried and a little confused by this sight, I sadly don't go out looking like that normally! If you want another strange or somewhat sickening sight, here's some friends and I with the twins from Big Brother:
Ok, shameful uni photos over. They will be banished from the blog, along with photos of my face!!
8) To bring it back to fashion, I had a dream I found the PERFECT lace-up skater boots! I don't remember which shop I found them in though! I'm hoping this will be one of my dreams that strangely come true.
9) My school blazer arrived while I was away and it's not XS like it described, it fits me perfectly! Not in the way I wanted, in the way that I could actually have worn it to school. Boo. It just reminds me so much of school, and the vibe that someone went there every day in it is something that I don't want to carry around! It will have to go.
10) In better news, I finally got an American Apparel U-Neck Dress and I love it! Like the 300+ comments, it makes you feel super sexy even if you don't look perfect in it, and I looked around 4 months pregnant when I put it on and still liked it! I'm a 10 in most high street stores, and I don't have the biggest boobs but certainly have a booty, and the medium fits fine. It seems that every size will fit your form super snugly, the larger ones just have wider shoulders. I'll probably layer it under skirts for normal clubs as I think it would look too trashy, but in an indie/alt. club it could look OK. Should I review it on here or are they old hat now? I do have a HUGE craving to get one in every colour but £23 + postage a pop means that's just not possible! Also, it's not this purple shade, it's more of a grape. Any other recommended colours?
11) Speaking of double-U necks, I got a black top in the same style and tight material from H&M and have been wearing it loads, day and night. They're fab because they're plain but have a shape that's special enough to grab attention in a subtle way but not show too much skin in the process.
Phew! It's now 1.19am and I have just remembered I need to wash my hair- there's only so much the dry shampoo can do! I'm back to Manchester now which is sad since home was so fun but Easter break is soon and my bedroom is now officially the snooker room of my house so I'm liking it in here with my Blythe display in front of me!